To be the most professional, effective, efficient, reputable and and reliable transit trade facilitator in the West African Sub-Region that delivers competent haulage services in accordance with the highest ethical standards and international best practices.
To put in place pragmatic plans, policies, programs and procedures that will enhance the synergy among members to actively support all duty bearers in the transit trade in Ghana and to maximize revenue to the state by eliminating all practices that could contribute to transit cargo diversions and ensure the adherence to the highest ethical standards among all actors within the transit trade in Ghana.
The goal of JAPTU shall be to take all steps necessary and sufficient for the maximization of revenue to the state from transit cargo haulage and development and protection of the personal and professional rights of all members.
- Use of advocacy to demand appropriate policy interventions for the sector
- Offering relevant capacity building programmes for members
- Liaison with relevant stakeholders for the promotion of synergies within the sector
- Facilitation of vehicle procurement and vehicle parts leasing schemes
- Monitoring and tracking of transit cargo movements within relevant transport corridors